Silver Stag of Scotland is a Community Interest Company [CIC] which as a social enterprise operating as a limited company, has special additional features, created to allow us to conduct the business to help serve the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society.
When we set up the company we knew that we wanted to make a difference to the lives of those who were at the extreme edge of social and economic disadvantage both in this country and abroad. As an outward focused organisation we measure our success by the lives we transform not the awards we receive or the publicity we generate.
Aim of the post: To provide marketing, and development direction to build Silver Stag's position in the independent and wholesale food retail market through our small range of spices and condiments.
This Business Development Manager vacancy is a newly created role which will be critical to the success of our aims. Its purpose will be to manage the development, growth and effective operation of our new commercial food and condiment activity whilst maintaining a focus on creating positive social and environmental impact.
We are looking for Business Development Manager who is growth orientated and has the ability to demonstrate previous success of delivering profitability in a marketplace with similar characteristics.
About you: A self-starter, highly organised and entrepreneurial individual with strong business development and marketing skills, analytical, project and time management skills and communication skills, a high degree of professionalism, and a flexible, collaborative spirit. The ideal candidate is highly motivated by mission and experience with
- Launch of new products or services
- Delivering services through online, social or other digital media
- Knowledge of food/hospitality catering sector are highly desirable
Experience with a startup social venture is a plus. Other requirements:
- Strong business acumen; orientation toward achievement of goals
- Exceptional people skills with the ability to build and grow customer relationships
- Outstanding speaking, writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Team orientated with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and with an enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and flexible to team needs
- Detailed orientated, commitment to high standards of performance
Job title: Business Development Manager
Responsible to: Director
Responsible for: Delivering on the key elements within the business plan which has identified four priorities over the next two years.
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
Term: fixed term 1 year - with 6 month probation
- Ensure the successful implementation of the commercial activities of the organisation with a focus on marketing, sales, income generation and impact
- Deliver on annual growth, delivery targets and KPIs
- Ensure effective quality assurance systems are implemented and excellent customer service is delivered
- Develop and deliver the implementation of a sales and marketing strategy to drive revenues including analysis of marketing platforms, pricing gaps in the market and new business opportunities whilst maintaining a focus on positive social environmental impact
- To develop and market existing products into identified areas of potential growth in a manner consistent with Silver Stag’s objectives.
- To identify potential clients, establish and maintain working relationships, and communicate new product developments to prospective clients.
- To guarantee Silver Stag’s products are delivered in a high-quality way by ensuring appropriate client and facilitator feedback streams are in place.
- To meet pre-determined business development targets and set new targets.
- Identify and develop sales leads within the areas within the business plan.
- Implement all aspects of the sales process, including organising and attending promotional activities, exhibitions and conferences.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual sales plans in alignment with other areas of the business.
- To comply with and enforce all company policies, standards and legislative requirements, relevant to maintaining effective performance, communication and good business reputation; including Fire, Health & Safety and consumer regulations,
- Proven track record of developing of delivering profitability in a marketplace with similar characteristics.
- based from home and/or from Glasgow/Edinburgh office hubs and willing to travel extensively across the Scotland.
- growth orientated and has the ability to demonstrate previous success of delivering profitability in a marketplace with similar characteristics.
Closing Date: 1st September
To Apply: Download the application form from the following link: https://goo.gl/XTejYd. Complete the form and email it to us at email@example.com.